Jose M. del Alamo
Telephone: (+34) 91 06 72106
Email: jm.delalamo (AT) upm.es
Postal address: C-218, ETSI Telecomunicación · Avda. Complutense 30, Madrid 28040, Spain
Professional and academic social networks:
- Since 2011, I have been Associate Professor (with tenure from 2019) in the Departamento de Ingeniería de Sistemas Telemáticos at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- In 2009, I obtained a PhD from Universidad Polítécnica de Madrid.
- In 2003, I obtained a MSc in Telecommunications Engineering.
- In 2000, I obtained a BSc in Industrial Engineering.
- Horizon Europe - SUNRISE (UPM Coordinator) [2022-2025]: Strategies and Technologies for United and Resilient Critical Infrastructures and Vital Services in Pandemic-Stricken EuropeThis Innovation Action aims at enhancing the resilience of critical infrastructures and essential services in Europe during pandemics.
- Spanish Government funded - autoGDPR (Coordinator) [2022-2024]: This project aims to develop techniques and tools for the automated assessment of GDPR requirements in ICT systems.
- Madrid Region funded - CLIIP (Coordinator) [2020-2021]: This project aims to consolidate the European leadership of the research group in the Privacy Engineering field.
- AEPD funded - PrivApp (Coordinator) [2018-2019]: The Spanish Data Protection Authority (AEPD) commisioned this project to investigate personal data leaks in mobile applications.
- Spanish Government funded - APPRENTICE (Coordinator) [2017-2019]: European training network for Privacy Engineering research and practice. This project aimed to develop an international consortium of partners interested in developing a European Training Network on Privacy Engineering aspects.
- H2020 - TRUESSEC.eu (UPM Coordinator) [2017-2018]: Trust-enhancing certified solutions for security and protection of citizens rights in digital Europe. This project coordinated efforts in certification and labelling of digital products and services trustwrothiness.
- FP7 - PRIPARE [2013-2015]: Preparing Industry to Privacy-by-Design by Supporting its Application in Research. This project aimed at facilitating the application of a privacy and security-by-design methodology that will contribute to the advent of unhindered usage of Internet against disruptions, censorship and surveillance; supporting its practice by the ICT research community to prepare for industry practice; and fostering risk management culture through educational material targeted to a diversity of stakeholders.
- Santander Bank funded - COM [2013-2015]: Center for Open Middleware.. Research Center funded by Santander Bank for the research of open source infrastructures.
- etcWeb (UPM Coordinator) : Compliance analysis of the support of different Web browsers with the HTML5 specification. The research has been carried out using a complete set of portable devices, including laptops and a set of tablets such as iPad2, Motorola Xoom and BlackBerry PlayBook. The Web browsers analysed have been Android, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome, Explorer, and BB PlayBook.
- FP7 - OMELETTE [2010-2013]: Open Mashup Enterprise service platform for LinkEd data in The TElco domain. This project aimed at researching on the development, management, governance, execution and conception of converged services with a specific focus on the telco domain. OMELETTE will create a sound model of mashups that follows the REST architectural style (also supported by standard widget technology), as well as a standard specification of a mashup-containing platform that may guarantee portability and interoperability among different vendors and versions.
- Spanish Government funded - BUSCAMEDIA. This project was aimed at advancing the state of the art on semantics, in the context of multimedia contents creation and delivery, with the final objective of developing a semantic-based multimedia-focused search engine.
- Spanish Government funded - RT-MODEL [2008-2011]: RT-MODEL was aimed at extending model-driven software development methods (MDA/MDD/MDE) to computer systems with non-functional requirements, such as real-time, quality of service, high integrity, and security.
- Spanish Government funded - SEGUR@ [2007-2010]: The goal of this project was the creation of a trust and security framework for the e-society.
- Spanish Government funded - ITECBAN [2006-2009]: The goal of this project was the development of a platform and a methodology to support core management systems for the bank sector.
- FP6 - OPUCE [2006-2008]: Open Platform for User-centric service Creation and Execution.The purpose of this project was to bridge advances in networking, communication and information technology services towards a unique service environment where personalized services will be dynamically created and provisioned by the end-user itself regardless of ambiance and location.
- CELTIC - PABIOS [2005-2007]: People-for-People Application-Based Open Source. It was a software infrastructure that will facilitate the process of learning from different type of devices, especially mobile devices such as 3G and above cellular phones. In order to achieve this goal, a framework is being created to ease the development and use of new e-learning materials, mainly mobile centric materials. The framework is thought to be a wiki-style learning system; i.e. everybody may act as a teacher creating his/her own learning materials, and everybody may also be a learner, accessing learning materials to learn from. This model takes also parts from others like IRC/chat (interactive online redundant distributed communications), Internet blogs (everybody can create and share personal experience with others), and traditional learning models (learning process, tests and assignments, marks and degrees).
You can check the whole and updated list of publications in any of the following databases:
- Danny S Guamán, David Rdoriguez, Jose M. Del Alamo, Jose Such. Automated GDPR compliance assessement for cross-border personal data transfers in Android applications. Computers & Security. 2023
- Jose M. Del Alamo, Danny S Guaman, B García, A Diez. A systematic mapping study on automated analysis of privacy policies. Computing. 2022.
- Danny S Guaman, Jose M. del Alamo, Julio C. Caiza. GDPR Compliance Assessment for Cross-border Personal Data Transfers in Android Apps. IEEE Access. 2021
- Julio C Caiza, José M del Álamo, Danny S Guamán, Ángel Jaramillo-Alázar. An exploratory experiment on privacy patterns: limitations and possibilities ACM SIGAPP. 2021
- Danny S Guaman, Jose M del Alamo, Julio C Caiza. A Systematic Mapping Study on Software Quality Control Techniques for Assessing Privacy in Information Systems. IEEE Access. 2020
- Julio C Caiza, Yod-Samuel Martín, Danny S Guamán, Jose M Del Alamo, Juan C Yelmo. Reusable Elements for the Systematic Design of Privacy-Friendly Information Systems: A Mapping Study. IEEE Access. 2019
- Michael Colesky, Julio C Caiza, Jose M Del Alamo, Jaap-Henk Hoepman, Yod-Samuel Martín. A system of privacy patterns for user control. ACM SIGAPP. 2018.
- Yod Samuel Martín García, Jose M del Álamo. A metamodel for privacy engineering methods. IEEE IWPE. 2017.
- Seda Gürses, Jose M. Del Alamo. Privacy Engineering: Shaping an Emerging Field of Research and Practice. IEEE Security and Privacy, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 40-46, 2016.
- Annual Privacy Forum (APF)
- IFIP Summer School on Privacy and Identity Management
- International Workshop on IoT Privacy, Trust, and Security (IoTPTS)
- Federated Social Web Europe (FSWE-2011)
- Del Álamo, J.M., Martín, Y.S., Yelmo, J.C., Method and System for Obtaining a Level of User Recognition of a Statement.
- PCT Application: PCT/ES2011/070098, WO/2012/110669, 14 Feb 2011.
- European patent: EP2677712, 4 Mar 2015.
- Del Álamo, J.M., Yelmo, J.C., Monjas, M.A., San Miguel, B. Trapero, R., Method for Selectively Distributing Information in a Computer or Communications Network, and Physical Entities Therefor
- PCT Application: PCT/EP2010/059264, WO/2012/000543, 30 Jun 2010.
- USA Application:US20130173712
- European Application: EP2589004
- Del Álamo, J.M., Yelmo, J.C., Monjas, M.A., Method for Managing Access to Protected Resources and Delegating Authority in a Computer Network
- PCT Application: PCT/EP2010/052319, WO/2011/103916, 24 Feb 2010.
- USA Patent: 8819784, 26 Aug 2014.
- European Patent: EP2540051, 8 Apr 2015.
- Chinese Patent: CN103039050, 25 nov 2015.
- Del Álamo, J.M., Yelmo, J.C., Monjas, M.A.,Method for Managing Access to Protected Resources in a Computer Network, Physical Entities and Computer Programs Therefor
- PCT Application: PCT/EP2009/063891, WO/2011/0477221, 22 Oct 2009.
- USA Patent: 8595494, 26 Nov 2013.
- Japanese Patent: JP2013508831, 4 Jun 2014.
- European Patent: EP2491694, 23 Dic 2015.
- Del Álamo, J.M., San Miguel, B., Yelmo, J.C., Monjas, M.A., Method for Privacy Management in an Identity Network, Physical Entities and Computer Programs Therefor
- PCT Application: PCT/EP2009/054223, WO/2010/115460, 8 Apr 2009
- Japanese Patent: JP4950369, 13 Jun 2012.
- USA Patent: 8805985, 12 Aug 2014.
- Chinese Patent: CN102439936, 25 Feb 2015
- European Patent: EP2417740, 6 Jun 2018.
- Australian Application: AU2009344055 (Abandoned).