The UPMSat-2 project
UPMSat-2 is a micro-satellite developed at UPM as an in-orbit technology demonstration platform.
The STRAST group carries out research on the following topics:
- Cyber-physical systems
- High-integrity systems
- Telematic Services Engineering in the corporate environment
- Machine learning for systems and networks management
- Digital identity, privacy and trust in service engineering
- Distributed applications and middleware
- Lean and agile methodologies in service engineering
Our R+D+i work is applied in various activity sectors: aerospatial systems, railway systems, banking systems and fintech, smart grid, regtech, and others.
The group is integrated into the Information Processing and Telecommunications Center (IPTC) of the Technical University of Madrid (UPM).
Professor Alejandro Alonso is the main contact for the group.